- Mon Expérience
- Galerie photo
- Cette Aventure est elle pour moi ?
- Nous contacter
Apnea trip to Saint Helena
Napoleon & Adventures
Napoleon and island history
During your free diving trip to St. Helena, immerse yourself in the last 6 years of Napoleon’s life, every hour of which has been documented.
- Take part in the bicentenary of the death of Emperor Napoleon I on 5 May 2021.
- Napoleon’s first tomb before his transfer to the Hôtel des Invalides
- The French domains of St. Helena: the valley of the tomb, the Briars’ pavilion and Longwood house
- British forts, castles, cemeteries, churches and cannons steeped in history
- The history of Napoleon, the Zulus, the Boers, slavery, navigation, etc.
The island of Saint Helena
- The volcanic tracks of the island in 4×4 to discover the British fortifications erected against Napoleon’s rescue attempts.
- An atypical airport, perched 310 m on top of a cliff, requiring special planes and pilots.
- A contrast of black and green between an extinct volcano and lush vegetation
- Jacob’s ladder, 699 dizzying stairs between Jamestown and the 280 m high fort.
- Jamestown, capital city nestled between canyon and ocean, Georgian architecture perfectly preserved, history is omnipresent there
- One of the rarest coffees in the world
- Jonathan, one of the oldest land animals, a Seychelles tortoise that resides in the gardens of Plantation house, the home of the British governor.
- The access point to Ascension Island, British territory confidential
- One of the most isolated inhabited islands in the world.
- Amazing hikes between flowered mountains and ocean
- A pure sky, favourable to astronomical observation, the inventory of the southern stars was carried out there by Edmond HALLEY in 1677.
- The “Saints”, a warm and talented mixed race population
- Vertiginous roads on the side of a volcano
- Make part of the trip in a cargo ship during the rotation Cape town, St Helena, Ascension Island.
The South Atlantic Ocean from the surface to the depths
Trip to St. Helena
- An ideal destination for freedivers and snorkelers, explore unknown marine species.
- Groups of several dozen whale sharks from January to March, up to 30 specimens counted during the same dive.
- Dolphins present all year round in large numbers
- The majestic and graceful mobula rays in warm translucent water (24°)
- The migration of humpback whales from June to December
- Volcanic sea caves
- Explore and map pristine dive sites
- “The Galapagos Islands of the South Atlantic”, a 200-mile marine protected area around the coasts
- Eight shallow, preserved wrecks full of endemic butterflyfish
- Snorkeling accessible to all, especially on the wreck of the SS Papa Nui, 50 m from the edge and 13 m deep, a steamboat carrying coal, it caught fire. Today it is inhabited by lobsters and sometimes protrudes from the surface.
- The Darkdale, a tanker sunk by a U boat, a German submarine. We pass tuna fish on the way down…
- Frontier, a fishing boat carrying drugs, was seized and sunk…
- Birds and in particular the endemic St Helen’s Gravelot (a species found exclusively on this island).
- Traditional Tuna Pole Fishing
Trip to St. Helena
Napoleon and Apnea
- International flight
Paris – Johannesburg
or Paris – Cape town from December to February
- Flights every Saturday to/from Johannesburg.
- Duration 6h15 outbound and 4h45 return.
- Flights every Tuesday from/to Cape Town (Option: discovery of the Cape region, safari and diving). Duration 6h15 outbound and 4h20 return.
Tailor-made all inclusive trip to Saint Helena from 3775€, including :
- Flights from Paris to Saint Helena, and back, via Johannesburg or Cape town (South Africa)
- Accommodation in a 4* Hotel, 1 night in Johannesburg or Cape town, return trip.
- 8 nights on St. Helena with breakfast (Option: lunch and dinner)
- 8 freediving exploration sessions including equipment
- 2 whale shark snorkeling trips (in season from January to March) or marine fauna all year round.
- Rental car on the island
- Guided tour of the island in 4×4
- Guided tours by Michel Dancoisne-Martineau, Director of the National Domains of St. Helena.
No Details Found